Movies transport you right to the heart of of some of the world’s most romantic, vibrant and adventurous destinations. Here’s some of my favorite movies as well as a few others that will allow you to dream now and travel later.
- “Mamma Mia!” The Greek Island of Skopelos gets its moment in the sun in this fun and lively musical that I adore.
- “When In Rome (2010)” is a film that takes place in the heart of romantic and breathtaking Rome. (See also: The Lizzie McGuire movie).
- “The Phantom of The Opera” is one of my favorite movies. This film based off of the iconic musical puts you in the stunning Paris Opera House in the late 1800s.
- “Apocalypto” another one of my favorites. Bare with me, it is extremely gory, but it is an amazing movie that showcases the Mayan Empire at the height of its power.
- “The Lord Of The Rings” transports you to the mighty mountains and enchanting landscape of New Zealand in this trilogy that I absolutely love.
- “Coco” this animated film takes you on a journey into the history and culture of Mexico through the story of a boy who dreams of being a musician.
- “The Mummy (1999)” another one of my favorite films. This movie transports you to The Sahara Desert in 1925 as well as Ancient Egypt.
- “Paddington” is a movie where you will see ravishing London landmarks such as the Buckingham Palace and Tower Bridge. You will also get a little taste of Central America. The filmmakers used Costa Rica’s gorgeous Monteverde Cloud Forest as a stand in for the bear’s home of Peru.
- “Crazy Rich Asians” is such a cute film. It does a wonderful job showing the beautiful, vibrant and unique country that Singapore really is.
- “The Lion King” one of my favorite Disney films. This animated film brings you to the royal plains of Africa in this legendary and timeless classic.
- “The Karate Kid” (Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith’s version obviously). This cute movie takes place in China and really displays the culture and traditions of the lovely country.
Leave a Reply