If you are an animal lover (like me), just know there are many ways to combine your passion for animals with a vacation around the world.
I’ve had the amazing experience of getting to swim with sharks in Belize. It was nothing short of incredible. But I can’t stop there! It is on my bucket list to visit all of these destinations listed below.
- South Africa’s Kruger National Park is one of the best places on the continent to view the big 5: lions, leopards, elephants, Cape buffalo and rhinos. In Kenya and Tanzania, you can witness one of the world’s most remarkable sights – The Great Migration of thousands of wildebeest, gazelles, and zebras in search of food and water. The best time to go to see this incredible event is between July and October.
- The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve in Costa Rica is a mountain rainforest filled with hundreds of species of plant and animal life. The country is also home to nesting beaches for sea turtles. Conservation groups offer a look at the work they are doing to preserve these endangered marine animals, as well as volunteer opportunities!
- The Elephant Nature Park in Thailand is a beautiful sanctuary home to elephants that have been rescued from cruelty and neglect. At the park you can bathe and feed the elephants as well as stay overnight and volunteer with all of the animals. There are also dogs that live at the park that you can help take care of.
- The Kauai Humane Society in Hawaii has a wonderful program that allows you to adopt a shelter dog for the day that you are visiting the area. You can visit the beach, go on a hike or relax in the park with your furry friend. It’s a fun and amazing way to give a shelter dog a great adventure.
- Amsterdam’s Cat Cabinet traces its origin back to a Dutchman who wanted to honor the memory of his beloved pet. The museum, located in a 17th century canal house, offers a look at the role of cats in art and culture, including sculptures and photographs.
Information provided by Travel Leaders Network and Travel Channel.
Leave a Reply to Payton Sullivan Cancel reply